COMMISSION TERMS OF SERVICE
- All communication will be held via email.
- After payment has been sent, I’ll start sending updates on the progress and the client has up to 4 days to reply with corrections before I continue working without their input.
- If the client needs to communicate in a less regular basis, I should be informed to adjust my schedule accordingly.
- Currency is US dollars.
- Payment is through PayPal.
- Once the Preview Sketch is approved, the client will be sent a Paypal Invoice.
- If payment has not been sent within 7 days and I get no communication from the client within that period, the commission is canceled and the process must start over.
- Payment plans are available for any commissions above $215. This option must be requested before I send the invoice.
- The first deposit must be a minimum of 50% of the total cost paid after I send the Preview Sketch. The remaining 50% must be sent after the clean sketch is complete, right before starting Lineart or painting.
- Three or more installments are available for commissions above $600.
3. Completion Times and Deadlines
- Celshading and Paintings may take between one to two months to finish.
- I send updates as soon as I have done significant progress from the last update. I try to send updates every 10 days maximum.
- If 10 days have passed and I have not sent updates, the client should feel free inquire.
- I can work with specifics deadlines given one to two months ahead of time. Depending on the complexity of the request I may need more time.
4. Canceling and Refunds
- The client can cancel a commission at any stage of the process.
- Full refunds requested by the client are available only if no work has been started. This is only during the Sketch Preview stage.
- If the sketching stage has begun, I retain 50% of payment. For Paintings, if the cancellation is requested once base painting has started, I’ll retain 80% of payment.
- I do not offer refunds after shading, coloring or painting work has started.
- I reserve the right to cancel a commission at any stage for any reason, without explanation. In this case, I will issue a full refund regardless of progress made.
5. Copyright, Files and Backups
- I retain full commercial rights to all the images produced by me.
- I reserve the right to use any image I create as I see fit. This includes, but not limited to, selling prints, portfolios art packs (digital or physical), posting or not to websites, etc.
- I will make private commissions. Details will need to be discussed in advance and the commission will include a privacy fee of at least additional 100% base cost.
- A private commission means I will not share the picture in my public profiles or private channels. The distribution of the picture will stay at the client’s sole discretion. A private commission will not include my handwritten signature or website link.
- I can refrain from posting a commission during a certain period of time without an extra fee.
- I reserve the right to re-use any sketch that has not been used in the Preview Sketch step and any resulting image from a canceled commission in any way I see fit.
- The client is granted a non exclusive, non commercial license for the artwork produced, this means: The client cannot sell, print, distribute, and put the artwork on items (physical or digital) that the client intends to sell. The client can make use the commissioned image in non profit ways. This includes posting to and displaying in any website the client wants, sharing on private or public online groups, printing on items the client will keep to themselves.
- If the client wishes to acquire exclusive or commercial rights at any point in the future, I’ll be open to discuss terms and fees.
- The client is not allowed to erase, modify, or obstruct my signature and watermark. If the client wishes to edit, modify or alter the image they should contact me first.
- If posted online, the creation of the image must be credited to me (ValentinaPaz). A link back to my page is not required but highly appreciated!
- The client will be provided at least two files: one for private use and one for public online display.
For private use: A file up to 7000 pixels on the longest side, at 300DPI print resolution. This file will include my handwritten signature (“ValentinaPaz”). This file is not to be shared publicly to avoid being taken and high quality prints or other products being offered without either (the client’s and my) consent.
For public display: A file up to 1980 pixels on the longest side at 72DPI resolution. This file will include my handwritten signature as well as a watermark url to my website (valentinapaz.com) on either bottom corner of the image. If requested, I will provide files at different dimensions and crops as long as they’re below 1980 pixels on the longest side and include a watermark.
- These files are in .PNG format. Different formats can be requested. I do not share layered .PSD files.
- These files are sent via email. In case the high resolution file is too big, I send a Dropbox link which I will keep up for about two months. I will keep the original .PSD files for up to a year in which the client can request a copy of their .PNG high resolution file. After a year has passed I cannot guarantee the files will exist.
6. I do not draw the following themes
- Anything that can be easily interpreted as Religious, Military, Political Partisan or Nationalistic propaganda. Certain religious themes.